Disciplines: All Disciplines.
Location:New York City, New York, United States
Deadline: 1 Mar, 2015
Duration: 3 Months
Eligibility: emerging artists working in all disciplines, 18 years of age or older, who currently live and work in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or Staten Island
Costs / Support: Free
From the outset, participants, with the support of the BHQFU team, will be asked to design and adapt the program to meet their specific needs through regular group meetings culminating in a group-determined public finale.
What is Provided:
– 24/7 access to the 1,500 square foot BHQFU loft at 34 Avenue A, 3rd Floor
– Wi-Fi, Full Kitchen, 2 Bathrooms, Individual/Collective Work Spaces
– Digital Projectors, PA System
– Regular Studio Visits from Visiting Artists
– Group Stipend to Support Projects, Events, Etc
– Group Exhibition at End of Residency
– Regular, Structured Critiques
– Multiple Programming Opportunities
– Case-by-Case Access to Off-Site Studio (Industry City, Brooklyn) with Wood, Metal, Printmaking, and Digital Facilities
– Social Events and Parties 🙂
Residency dates: June 1st through August 31st, 2015.
* Current CV
* Five work samples
* Residency Proposal (200 words or less)
* Artist Statement (200 words or less)
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSION!