Scale Your Passion: a BCAN Pilot Pre-Accelerator
What if you could create a life for yourself centered around the things that YOU are passionate about? Baltimore’s always been a place for newness, for creativity, and where you can see yourself. Scale Your Passion is here to create a space for you to explore ways to bring your idea to fruition. We believe that you can begin exactly where you are, using your passion to start the ignition. Scale Your Passion (SYP) is a pre-accelerator, imagined and inspired by the Baltimore Creative Community. SYP provides access to content and resources to help guide emerging creative entrepreneurs. SYP workshops will introduce and support entrepreneurs in grappling with the complexities of navigating business “essentials” not traditionally built for creatives. SYP will feature workshops that include topics to help emerging entrepreneurs identify a business model that aligns with their natural talents and that will help them understand how their personal relationship with money can impact their business finances. The two-day program will give participants straightforward tools and resources to support their businesses, develop a business leadership identity, and build a community of peers and mentors to support their journey.
When? Wednesday, Dec 2 | 9 AM – 4 PM; Thursday, Dec 3 | 9 AM – 1 PM
Where do we meet? From the comfort of your own home OR wherever it suits YOU. This program is 100% virtual.
How do you know if you should apply to the Scale Your Passion Program?
- Ready to explore or fully realize your creative calling?
- Want to share your creative genius with Baltimore and beyond?
- Tired of giving away your creative ingenuity for free?
- Looking for other dope creative entrepreneurs to share your vision with?
- Eager to increase your confidence with practical business advice from creative entrepreneurs who are running successful businesses?
- Curious about diving deeper into your creative practice?
If you answered yes to these questions then you’re ready to SCALE YOUR PASSION and we’d love for you to apply!
What’s the selection criteria? We take a holistic look at the applicant and embrace creatives who:
- Are ready to move their ideas to reality
- Want to launch a Baltimore-based business
- Want to explore how to build a business that honors their personal values + integrity
- Are committed to creativity and want to explore the business side of things
- Curious, ready to learn, and eager to build a creative future for themselves
When is the application deadline? We only have room for 40 program participants, you must apply by November 1.
What else should participants look forward to? Scale Your Passion is a freethinking approach to business. In addition to learning from creative entrepreneurs who will help participants explore their talents, think through who they are as a leader, and discover their entrepreneurial voice, all 40 participants will also:
- Be paired with an Accountability Passion Partner who will help them set and stick to goals, uncover fears and hesitations, come up with creative solutions to challenges, and support their desire to scale their passion
- Receive a physical Scale Your Passion toolkit, full of resources curated by the BCAN team and the SYP presenters to enhance their virtual experience and provide them with physical and virtual tools to help them bring their creative ideas to life
What’s the program cost? The Scale Your Passion program won’t cost participants any money. However, participants should come prepared to share their creativity, sense of integrity, ideas, and most importantly, their passion with their accountability partners and the SYP community. Here’s a preview of the workshop modules. We can’t wait to explore + create with you!
SYP PROGRAM MODULES
- Can I live?
- The Real Tea
- You Are Your Best Thing
- Dope by Design: The Power of Being Seen
- Mind on Money + Money on My Mind
- The Legalities of the Matter
- Stay Ready: So You Ain’t Gotta Get Ready
- SYP Accountability Passion Partners
Have questions? Reach out to email@example.com for more information.