To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, a coalition of national arts grantmakers have come together to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists across the United States.
Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers,designed by Americans for the Arts,to better identify and address the needs of artists.
To be eligible for a relief grant, applicants must be:
- Practicing artists able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work, careers, and a public audience;
- Experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- 21 years of age or older;
- Able to receive taxable income in the U.S. (e.g. citizen, green card holder, and/or permanent resident who can provide a W9 and SSN or ITIN);
- Residing and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed. Learn more by reviewing this FAQ. To apply, click here.
Please visit www.artistrelief.org for more information.