To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, a coalition of national arts grantmakers have come together to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists across the United States.
Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers,designed by Americans for the Arts,to better identify and address the needs of artists.
To be eligible for a relief grant, applicants must be:
- Practicing artists able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work, careers, and a public audience;
- Experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- 21 years of age or older;
- Able to receive taxable income in the U.S. (e.g. citizen, green card holder, and/or permanent resident who can provide a W9 and SSN or ITIN);
- Residing and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
Please visit www.artistrelief.org for more information.