CALL FOR ART, ARTISTS, & RELATED ITEMS
Submission deadline: March 10, 2017
Maryland Public Television (MPT) & the MPT Foundation, Inc. invites artists and art related companies to apply and donate items and time to a fundraising event on March 25 at the MPT station. An evening of fantastic art, food and libations, Artworks Uncorked & Untapped marries regional artists with local breweries and wineries to celebrate Artworks, an MPT original production with host Rhea Feikin.
The goal of Artworks Uncorked & Untapped is to support and raise funds for MPT, through the MPT Foundation. Events such as these provide funding for MPT to offer the programs you watch and love PLUS educational, outreach, telecommunications, and virtual initiatives that touch the lives of thousands of Marylanders. For this event to be successful, the support of the artistic community is greatly needed.
Opportunities for participation…
- Donate– Item donations will be utilized in event’s silent auction. Item donations can include, but are not limited to, visual and decorative arts, tickets to performances, certificates for classes/workshops, tools, materials, etc.
- Create – Featured artists are needed to participate in live artist demonstrations at the event. Pieces created on site will be raffled off at the end of the night.
- Share – Spread the word to the art community by sharing this information.
In return for contributions, MPT offers generous exposure through…
- Website – All donors to be listed with webpage link onevent website and general MPT auction site.
- On air spots– Promotional spots that air on channels for Artworks Uncorked & Untapped persuade viewers to visit event website where a list of artists/donors can be found – providing extremely cost-effective promotion with exposure across several states, reaching audiences regionally.
- At event – All donors and their websites/social media will be listed in event program. Name, website, and bios to be posted on our auction software used by attendees for bidding. Additionally, for those creating art live, bios to be listed in event program and name included in relevant signage.
- Donor materials table– Promotional materials (flyers, business cards, etc.), provided by the donor, will be placed on a donor materials table in the lobby for attendees to browse.
If interested in supporting MPT through participation in Artworks Uncorked & Untapped, please click here to complete entry form. For questions or interest in creating art live, contact Stephanie Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-581-4137.