The Mattress Factory is currently accepting submissions to be considered for inclusion in upcoming exhibitions at the museum.Submissions will be accepted now through Feb. 6, 2015. National and international artists are equally welcome to submit.
To be considered, please complete the attached form. Include a brief cover letter, your exhibition history, a selection of your best images of past work and a list identifying them. You may also provide video clips, a professional website link, Vimeo/ YouTube links, and a few publicity items. If attaching video samples directly, keep files to an upload size of 50 MB or less. Only submit examples of recent work that focus on installation art. We want to get a sense of your body of work, background and current art practice.
Please contact submission[at]mattress.org with questions. Do not send images, video or audio files to this email address. A list of answers to frequently asked questions is provided below.
Answers to frequently asked questions.
– The Mattress Factory is using the service of Submittable.com to manage our form. If you are having technical problems, such as with uploading files, try Submittable’s online help system: http://help.submittable.com/knowledgebase/topics/11810-submitters
– We are only accepting submissions via our Submittable form. This is necessary to manage the volume of submissions that we receive and we will not be responding to mailed or emailed materials for this call. Our form will automatically go offline at midnight EST on Friday February 6, 2015.
– The Mattress Factory is dedicated to installation art. We look for artists with an appropriate body of work and experience to create a new installation in one of our galleries. We are open to a wide range of media including any installation-based approaches to sculpture, architecture, video, performance, technology, painting and drawing.
– An artist whose practice is strictly two-dimensional is typically not considered a good match for our programming.
– The Mattress Factory does not consider specific proposals. We feel that all decisions regarding projects should be made after an artist is invited.
– Collaborative artists should submit examples of past work that were completed as a team. We cannot evaluate the merits of potential collaborators who have not worked together previously.
– Concentrate on providing clear and concise images of your work. Images are the primary way we review materials and are therefore required. All other materials are considered as supplemental. Image file sizes need not be larger than 10 in. x 12 in. at 150 dpi.
– The identification list is for providing information specific to each image and media file you upload. Basic information such as title, year, media and a descriptive sentence are helpful.
– Professional websites and videos are reviewed at our discretion. They are supplemental and are not a good substitute for uploading images.
– A Vimeo link is the most convenient way for us to review video files. You may also upload files that are less than 50 MB. Provide only a brief selection as an introduction to your work.
– A brief cover letter of less than 250 words is appropriate. Letters may be written to the attention of “Mattress Factory.”