CFP: INFORMATION; Black Voices in Contemporary Art
DEADLINE: July 1, 2016
The Salisbury University Art Galleries are calling for proposals by artists or curators for installations and/or socially engaged projects that are provocative, inquisitive and contribute to the ongoing conversation of race and representation in contemporary art and society. We are open to a plurality of topics and seek to present the infinitely varied perspectives that exist in Black Culture. We are especially interested in projects that include community involvement/engagement.
Selected artists/curators will be presenting projects at our temporary gallery space in downtown Salisbury. This space has a very publicly visible store-front window area that we encourage proposals to consider and utilize. Dimensions and images of this space can be found on the floor plan below.
Proposals should include:
- Your name, contact information, and a current CV; as well as the names of all artists involved if a group project is proposed.
- A thorough description of the project, addressing how it relates to the themes mentioned above as well as more practical information such as the artist(s) and artwork(s) involved. In addition, please state any technical needs to realize your proposal. Selected projects will be supported with travel money and a small honorarium.
- If additional funding is needed to mount the project please include that in your proposal as well.
- Please include at least 3 images to support your project narrative. These can be sent as attachments, or you can include a URL with the project description.
- Proposals must be complete and received by July 1, 2016 for full consideration. Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject “inFORMATION” in your email.
- For any questions please contact Elizabeth Kauffman, Director of Galleries email@example.com or 410-546-2884.