Call For Entry: Headphones and Handstamps: Art from Maryland’s Music Underground at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum
Application Deadline: Saturday, August 18, 2018
To download the full prospectus, click here.
Maryland Art Place (MAP), in partnership with Bmore BeatClub, is pleased to announce an open ‘call to artists’ and ‘call to musicians’ to participate in a new exhibition highlighting album art and poster art. MAP is working with the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture to offer a visual arts exhibition on album and poster art in tandem with Bmore BeatClub’s debut event at the Museum. This exhibition will be located on the second floor of the Museum outside of the theater. This opportunity is available to visual artists and musicians submitting posters and album art on behalf of artists they have worked with (must have artists written approval). Submitters must be living in, or have a strong connection to the State of Maryland. An opening reception will take place in tandem with the Bmore BeatClub event on September 28, 2018.
Reginald F. Lewis‘s mission is: “To be the premier experience and best resource for information and inspiration about the lives of African American Marylanders. The museum seeks to realize its mission by collecting, preserving, interpreting, documenting and exhibiting the rich contributions of African American Marylanders from the state’s earliest history to the present and the future.” For more information, visit www.lewismuseum.org
Bmore BeatClub is a live Hip Hop event & dance party. Similar to an open mic, for the first hour any emcee raps and any producer plays beats. Emcee’s freestyle to the music, while the remaining time goes to the notable, featured producers & DJ’s while the mic stays open. BMore BeatClub is hosted by Eze Jackson and DJ Moosejaw. For more information, visit http://lineuproom.com/bmorebeatclub/
Bmore BeatClub is a product of the Lineup Room a Baltimore based recording studio located in the Maryland Art Place building within the Bromo Arts & Entertainment District. Lineup mixes have been featured on Netflix, HBO, Billboard and the Vans Warped Tour. www.lineuproom.com
General Guidelines & Information
- MAP only accepts 2-d works – vinyl covers, enlarged cd art, show posters and similar welcomed.
- All works must be no larger than 40″ X 40″ and no smaller than 12″ x 12″ for album art or 8.5″ x 11″ for poster art.
- Artist agrees that Maryland Art Place/Lineup Room may use images of the artwork for press and promotional purposes.
- Artwork must be original. You must own the copyright to the artwork submission or submit written approval by the artist to submit artwork on their behalf.
- You may apply as an individual artist, or for an artist group on your behalf
Benefits to the artist: The selected artist(s) will benefit in the following ways:
- Exhibition opening reception at Reginald F. Lewis Museum, Sept. 28, 2018
- Increased visibility of artist’s name and artwork through:
- Press announcements
- Highlighted on MAP’s website and social media platforms
To apply please see the following application and required attachments: Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Fee: $10 for non-MAP members. Submit your fee by clicking on “Get Involved”, “Donate” on MAP’s website and simply adjust the fee to $10. Please attach your payment receipt to your application. Checks can be made payable to: Maryland Art Place | c/o Benefit | 218 West Saratoga Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Member of MAP? Your submission fee will be waived. Please make a note on your submission that you are a member!
For more information on how to apply, click here. Questions? Email Naomi@mdartplace.org.