What is the Halcyon Arts Lab Fellowship?
At the intersection of art and social change, this nine-month residential fellowship is designed to provide support and resources to emerging artists working on projects which address issues of social justice, civic engagement, and community building. Arts Lab fellows strive to expand their practices and grow as leaders in their respective fields.
Adapting the well-honed methodology of the Halcyon model, Halcyon Arts Lab fosters creativity through an environment of learning, access, collaboration and support.
2019/2020 fellowship dates: September 9, 2019 to June 26, 2020
Mandatory Orientation: September 10, 2019 to September 11, 2019
Location: Halcyon Arts Lab, 1801 35th Street NW, Washington DC 20007
Who is a good fit for the program?
Emerging artists who are interested in further developing a socially-engaged practice and creating lasting connections and partnerships in Washington, DC.
When is the deadline?
Applications are due by 5PM EST on April 4, 2019
Why should you apply?
Fellows accepted into the program will have access to the following:
- Dedicated studio space to focus on research, learning, and creative practice
- A competitive financial scholarship to support living and material costs
- Nine months of off-site residential accommodation (eligible for non-DC residents only)
- A program of social impact classes, entrepreneurship training, artist talks, studio visits, civic engagement opportunities, and critiques
- Opportunities for mentorship and studio visits from experienced art professionals
- Collaboration and networking with fellow artists, social entrepreneurs and our program partner organizations in Washington, DC
- Opportunity to participate and present at By the People, an international arts and dialogue festivalLearn more and apply online on halcyonartslab.org