The DEN Art and Culture’s Public Art Program is currently soliciting applications for an exterior commission for Denver Fire Station 35 – either free-standing or integrated.
The total commission budget is $200,000 USD (all inclusive).
Deadline is Tuesday, December 30, 12:00 PM MST. All qualified artists are invited to apply for this opportunity through our on-line portal https://flydenver.slideroom.com. If you have questions or need assistance with your application, please submit a request via email: email@example.com.
- Site specific: Artwork should be reflective of the modern and timeless architecture that will house Fire Station 35. This iconic building includes materials such as corrugated metals, translucent features, and a sweeping cantilevered roofline in addition to traditional elements: a hose tower and large apparatus bays. There are two prominent locations for artwork:
- A large concrete block wall on the south façade, roughly 12’ tall by 90’ long. Additional art components could be carried from the facade onto the hose tower and into the landscape west of the building; or
- A free-standing work on the west side of the property.
- Reflective of the Mission and Values of the Denver Fire Department:
The Denver Fire Department is dedicated to:
- Providing quality, timely, and professional emergency services to those who live in, work in, and visit the City and County of Denver
- Respecting each other through trust, pride, diversity, integrity, and training
- Working together to achieve the highest levels of preparedness, prevention, and community involvement with a dedication to purpose.
Values that drive the organization include: Preparedness, Professionalism, Integrity, Courage, Teamwork, and Compassion