DOWNLOAD THE CALL FOR ART
The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) and the Montgomery County Public Art Trust are issuing a call for art to reactivate The Contemporary Works on Paper Collection with new acquisitions from artists living in Montgomery County and the Greater Washington area. Artwork in this collection is owned by Montgomery County under the County’s Public Art Trust program and loaned to County agencies for display in public buildings.
This call is specifically for the purchase of original and unframed two-dimensional works of art that are contemporary and modern in style. These works may include but are not limited to paintings in various media, drawings in various media, photographs, mixed media, and limited edition prints. These artworks should help create inspiring spaces that foster innovation, creative excellence and personal reflection. The Public Art Trust is especially interested in artworks that reflect the unique and diverse character of Montgomery County.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Artist Information: full name, current address, contact information
- Artist Statement: 1 page maximum
- Artist Resume: 1 page maximum
- Images: High quality JPEG image files are preferred; professionally taken photographs of the artwork may be submitted.
- Exhibition List: a document that includes the title, year, medium, dimension, price and edition number (if applicable) for each uploaded work of art. Listed price shall reflect a 20% discount.