Alexandria Museum of Art
28th September Competition
September 4 – November 21, 2015
- All artists over the age of 18 – working in any medium – are eligible.
- All work must be original and must have been completed in the last two years (2013 or later).
- AMoA encourages artists working in video and other experimental media to submit entries for judging.
- Each artist may submit TWO works of art with a non-refundable entry fee of $35. (Additional works may be submitted for a fee $20 per each entry.)
- Check or money order should be made payable to:
Alexandria Museum of Art, P.O. Box 1028, Alexandria, LA 71309-1028
(All foreign payments must be MONEY ORDERS converted to United States currency.)
- If paying via credit card, please fill in the required fields on the Entry Card and mail it along with your CD or DVD, or email it along with your emailed entry.
- Entries will be juried by digital images emailed or sent on CDs or DVDs only.
- All digital images submitted must be sized at 5”x7” and saved as a JPG at a 300 dpi
- Each IMAGE must be labeled with ONLY the artwork title, medium, size, and date. Label CDs and DVDs with your name, titles of each entry, and length of DVD (if applicable).
- Artist may submit only one (1) digital image for each 2-D entry, and up to three (3) digital images for each 3-D entry.
- Artist submitting video entries must send DVD format not to exceed 30 minutes in length.
- No work should exceed seven (7) feet (84”) in any direction, or 200 lbs. in weight. Entries exceeding these limitations will automatically be disqualified.
- CD and DVD entries will be retained in the permanent collection files of the Alexandria Museum of Art.
- If digital images on CDs are not correctly representative of work chosen, AMoA has the right to disqualify the entry from the exhibition.
- By entering the competition, the artist agrees to allow their work to reproduced for the purpose of publicity.
- By entering the competition, the artist agrees that all entered work will be available for exhibition if chosen. No substitutions will be allowed.
$2000 will be available for juror-designated cash awards. These awards will be announced at the Opening Reception on September 4, 2015.