Call for Entries
2014 Baltimore Sculpture Project – Patterson Park
DEADLINE: Friday, June 13, 2014
The Baltimore Sculpture Project, an outdoor sculpture exhibition that engages sites around the city, is currently open for submissions for approximately three sculptures to be added near the intersection of East Pratt Street and South Ellwood Avenue in Patterson Park. This exhibition will open in September 2014, and run through August 2016.
Submissions will be reviewed by an independent panel of jurors that includes community stakeholders.
The Baltimore Sculpture Project is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA); this year’s exhibition in produced in partnership with the Southeast Community Development Corporation (SECDC), the Highlandtown Arts and Entertainment District, the Highlandtown Community Association and the Friends of Patterson Park. The exhibition isfunded by the Meyerhoff Family Fund and Baltimore Community Foundation.
1. Artists may submit proposals for new works or the placement of existing works.
2. Selected artists will be provided stipends of $2,500 to $3,000. Stipends are for construction and transport of the work. BOPA will provide pads for sculptures where applicable. Onsite installation equipment and labor may be provided in addition to
stipend. Stipends and other support will be negotiated after proposals have been
3. All proposed work should be designed to withstand an outdoor, high-traffic unmonitored environment with very limited maintenance for the duration of the exhibition. Artists should take into consideration the possibility of severe adverse weather conditions, and the safety of the audience.
4. If an installed work becomes dangerous or difficult to maintain, BOPA reserves the right to remove it before the end of the exhibition.
5. Works included in the exhibition will not be insured for any damages that may occur on
6. BOPA, the SECDC, Meyerhoff Family Fund, Baltimore Community Foundation and the Friends of Patterson Park reserve the right to reproduce images of selected artwork for printed or internet publicity, catalogue, map or marketing purposes.
7. Selected artists will be asked to be present at the exhibition opening reception and may be asked to make a brief presentation to the public.
Application can be made by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), via shared folder on www.dropbox.com or by mailed CD-Rom. Applications should include the following:
Ten images of recent work*;
One 8 ½ x 11” drawing (reproduction of drawings only) of proposed piece*;
One page written description of the proposed piece (optional);
Signed and filled out application.
*Image files should be labeled last name first, first name, number corresponding to the description sheet last. Each image should be no larger than approximately 2MB in size. No application materials will be returned. Please do not send original drawings.
Pedestal Specifications Due: July 25, 2014
Exhibition duration: September 2014 – August 2016
Opening Reception: September 5, 2014
For more information contact Kim Domanski at 410-752-8632 or email@example.com
Send electronically or mail by Monday, June 13, 2014 to:
Baltimore Sculpture Project; Attn.: Kim Domanski
Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts
10 East Baltimore St, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202