FINAL WEEK TO ENTER THE 28TH SEPTEMBER COMPETITION
Alexandria Museum of Art
28th September Competition
September 4 – November 21, 2015
- All artists over the age of 18 – working in any medium – are eligible.
- All work must be original and must have been completed in the last two years (2013 or later).
- AMoA encourages artists working in video and other experimental media to submit entries for judging.
- Each artist may submit TWO works of art with a non-refundable entry fee of $35. (Additional works may be submitted for a fee $20 per each entry.)
- Check or money order should be made payable to:
Alexandria Museum of Art, P.O. Box 1028, Alexandria, LA 71309-1028
(All foreign payments must be MONEY ORDERS converted to United States currency.)
- If paying via credit card, please fill in the required fields on the Entry Card and mail it along with your CD or DVD, or email it along with your emailed entry.
- Entries will be juried by digital images emailed or sent on CDs or DVDs only.
- All digital images submitted must be sized at 5”x7” and saved as a JPG at a 300 dpi
- Each IMAGE must be labeled with ONLY the artwork title, medium, size, and date. Label CDs and DVDs with your name, titles of each entry, and length of DVD (if applicable).
- Artist may submit only one (1) digital image for each 2-D entry, and up to three (3) digital images for each 3-D entry.
- Artist submitting video entries must send DVD format not to exceed 30 minutes in length.
- No work should exceed seven (7) feet (84”) in any direction, or 200 lbs. in weight. Entries exceeding these limitations will automatically be disqualified.
- CD and DVD entries will be retained in the permanent collection files of the Alexandria Museum of Art.
- If digital images on CDs are not correctly representative of work chosen, AMoA has the right to disqualify the entry from the exhibition.
- By entering the competition, the artist agrees to allow their work to reproduced for the purpose of publicity.
- By entering the competition, the artist agrees that all entered work will be available for exhibition if chosen. No substitutions will be allowed.
$2000 will be available for juror-designated cash awards. These awards will be announced at the Opening Reception on September 4, 2015.
May 29 Postmark and email deadline for receipt of digital images, CD (will not be returned), entry fee, plus a maximum 100 word artist statement for catalog use only (not available to juror before selected).
June 2 Deadline for hand delivered entry forms and images.
Aug. 3 Jury notification by mail or email if provided.
No phone calls please!
Aug. 25 Deadline for receipt of juried works and pre-paid return shipment label.
Sept. 4 Artists’ Reception and Gallery Talk.
Nov. 21 Exhibition Closes.
Dec. 12 Deadline for pick up of hand delivered work. Shipping of art work with pre-paid return label provided by the artist begins.
- Please print and fill out ALL information.
- Send your entry officially postmarked or emailed by May 29, 2014.
- Include form, fee, CD and artist statement.
- ALL SELECTED WORKS MUST ARRIVE PRE-PAID BY AUGUST 25, 2014 – ALONG WITH A PRE-PAID RETURN ADDRESS LABEL (no order forms with account numbers will be accepted, must be a completed label).
- No work can exceed:
- 7 (seven) feet (84”) in any direction
- 200 lbs. in weight
- 30 minutes in length for video entries.
- Entries exceeding these limitations will automatically be disqualified.
Failure to comply with rules of entry and deadlines will automatically disqualify cited entry.
AMoA proudly welcomes Pat Musick and Jerry Carr as the jurors for the 28th September Competition. Pat Musick has a Master of Arts and a Doctorate of Philosophy from Cornell University. Musick taught at the University of Houston and the University of Arkansas. Her work focuses on environmental art, using a combination of natural and man-made materials to create mixed media sculptures and works on paper. Her work can be found in over one hundred public and private collections, including Crystal Bridges Museum of Art and the Alexandria Museum of Art. She collaborates with her husband, Jerry Carr, a former astronaut and commander of the International Space Station.
Delivery and Packaging
- After notification of selection, ship entries to:
Alexandria Museum of Art, 933 Second Street, Alexandria, LA 71301.
- All artwork must arrive no later than August 25,
- ALL SHIPMENTS MUST HAVE A PRE-PAID RETURN LABEL FOR THE RETURN OF WORK. (Example: FedEx, UPS, or USPS.) NO ORDER FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Be sure to select a carrier that delivers to Alexandria, LA.
- Hand deliveries will be accepted Tues.-Fri., 10am-5pm.
- Please do NOT include personal checks for return shipping.
- All artwork must have a completed identification card attached to the backside.
- All shipped works must be in sturdy reusable packaging.
- Do not use styrofoam peanuts or pieced boxes.
- Opening instructions should be printed on the outside.
- All damaged packages will be returned unopened C.O.D.
- When open packages contain damaged works the artist will be consulted.
- Return shipping of artwork will begin December 12,
- ALL WORK WILL BE SHIPPED USING THE PRE-PAID RETURN LABEL SUPPLIED BY THE ARTIST.
- AMoA will not take responsibility for works returned undeliverable.
- Art work unclaimed after one year becomes the property of AMoA.
- Selected work must be display ready.
- All 2-D work should be framed, wired for hanging, and where appropriate, glazed with Plexiglas.
- Any work notably different from the submitted digital file will be disqualified. Submitted CDs containing images of artwork will not be returned.
- Any submitted artwork must be available for exhibition. No substitutions will be allowed.
Sales and Liability
- A 30% commission will be charged on all sales.
- Every reasonable precaution will be taken to assure protection of entries, but the Alexandria Museum of Art assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause during transit.
- Works will be insured for the duration of the show while on AMoA premises.
- Any entries delivered without statement of insurance value will be assigned a maximum value of $500.