1303 Orleans Street Baltimore, MD 21201
East Children’s Area Interior Wall
Project budget up to $10,000
In an effort to brighten and beautify Enoch Pratt Free Library’s Children’s Area at the Orleans Street Branch, Baltimore-based artists and designers are invited to submit a proposal.
- Create a welcoming, vibrant space for children and families
- Brighten and beautify children’s area
- Highlight area artist/artist team
Mural location is the East Children’s Area wall, which measures 25ft wide and 16ft tall with vertical facing recessed lighting.
No specific subject matter is required and all complete proposals will be reviewed, however, submissions should reflect something appealing to the area, library and its customers. The final project may be a painted mural, printed or other media that appropriately fills the space. The library is open to a variety of materials. This submission should include every aspect of the design and install process. To learn more about the library, its patrons and those in the community, please attend the info session on: May 10, 2018 at 6pm. Artists may also submit questions to email@example.com, questions should be submitted by May 10th for answer at the info session.
● Submissions due by May 31st, 2018
● Notification of winning design by July 2018
● Work to commence July/August 2018
When submissions are received on May 31st, jurors from the arts community and library staff shall decide on either one artist or artist groups for awarding of the project (depending upon the submission received). The jurors will include members of Baltimore’s artist community and Orleans Street Library staff.
E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Eligibility Requirements
Open to artists and designers living and working throughout Baltimore City.
- Submit a one page cover letter with your name, address, phone number, website, and social media links where applicable.
- Mural proposal should include drawings/design images.
- Submit 5-10 jpeg images of previous work no larger than 5mb each titled with “01_lastname_firstname.jpg”
- Image list with descriptions of the images, date, material, scale, and location (if murals)
- Acceptable file formats include: PDF and jpeg files
- Up to 3 page CV or resume
- Project budget: Up to $10,000, if budget is more than $10,000 explanation of whereadditional funding will be secured must be provided. 2. Notes
- Persons interested in proposing murals are strongly encouraged to attend the info session on May 10, 2018 at 6pm at the Orleans Street Library or visit the library, hours can be found here: http://www.prattlibrary.org/locations/orleans/
- 20% of payment will be kept until project complete. Payment schedule will be negotiated in artist contract phase.
- Artists will be responsible for securing all materials and scheduling install with Project Manager and Enoch Pratt Free Library’s Facilities Department.
- Mural may be painted directly on the wall, printed, parachute, Enoch Pratt is open to a variety of material.
- Please send any questions about the mural project prior to the application deadline to email@example.com.Deadlines and Submission Checklist:
Deadline for all applications is Thursday, May 31st at 11:59PM. Proposals must be received by e-mail
with the subject line: MURAL PROPOSAL – LAST NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter with name, address, e-mail, phone, website info, social media info, etc.
- Designs/Images for the mural.
- Up to one page description of the project including every aspect of design and installation.
- 5-10 images of prior work with files labeled: 01_Last Name_First Name
- Numbered image list
- Up to 3 page CV or resume
- Timeline – when could work begin/anticipated timeline to completion
- Budget – please use budget format below:
This mural project is generously supported by the William G. Baker, Jr. Memorial Fund, creator of the Baker Artist Portfolios, www.BakerArtist.org and The Branch Improvement Fund.