The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all artists residing in Maryland and all artist members of MFA to enter its fine art juried competition for artists working in two- and three-dimensional formats. Submissions following exhibition guidelines will be considered by the juror. The selected artworks will be on exhibit at The Art Gallery, University of Maryland, College Park, by invitation to MFA.
- Exhibition Chair: Stephen Borko
- Exhibition Dates: June 19 – Aug 1
- Submissions Deadline: April 23
- Juror: Yumi Hogan, Adjunct Professor, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), Baltimore MD.
- Download printable prospectus (pdf)
Terms of Entry For Exhibitions
Exhibition and Presentation Guidelines are detailed in the prospectus. Additional information will be included in the acceptance letter.
- All Maryland residents are eligible to enter.
- All MFA members living in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico are eligible to enter.
- A maximum of 6 original works created in the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at University of MD’s The Art Gallery are not eligible.
- Two-dimensional works may not exceed 8 feet in height or width. Three-dimensional works may not exceed 10 feet in height nor 6 feet in width and depth.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account
- Images must be in JPEG files less than 2MB with the recommended longest pixel dimension between 1600 and 2000 pixels (maximum).
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.