Maryland Art Place (MAP), in partnership La Quinta Inn & Suites, Baltimore Downtown, is pleased to announce an open ‘Call to Artists’. As an extension of MAP’s annual IMPACT Projects, MAP is working with La Quinta Inn to offer a unique opportunity for artists of the greater Baltimore metropolitan area. Collectively, MAP and La Quinta Inn wish to produce a mural on the exterior of La Quinta Inn’s entrance this September. The work will be on permanent display on 200 W Saratoga Street in downtown Baltimore.
ABOUT IMPACT PROJECTS: IMPACT is an annual, public art program developed to extend Maryland Art Place’s reach to broader audiences bringing the work of living artists into the public eye. Each IMPACT project is unique and developed based on the partnering site.
ABOUT LA QUINTA INN & SUITES: “The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown is a boutique style hotel with inviting architecture. … [La Quinta] is centrally located in downtown, just minutes from the world famous Inner Harbor, and easy walking distance from top attractions such as The Orioles Park at Camden Yards, the Baltimore Convention Center, and the Ravens M&T Stadium.” – La Quinta Inn & Suites, Baltimore Downtown
General Guidelines & Information
• Mural is requested to be an abstracted or pattern based design.
• Mural proposal must fit the size requirements of 140″ L x 28.75″ W, with 103″ space in
between each panel (where door is). Images can be viewed at the end of this call.
• Applicants must submit a project budget itemizing all material and labor expenses estimated
for the mural.
• Sketches and preliminary designs are optional, but helpful in the selection process
• Artists can work individually or in artist group.
Benefits to the artist: The selected artist will benefit in the following ways:
• Full budget for mural materials and labor expenses provided by La Quinta
• Permanent installation of original mural on 200 W Saratoga Street
• Artist’s name highlighted by Maryland Art Place on website and social media