Bethesda Film Fest Call for Entry
Up to five films will be selected to be shown. A film by a young filmmaker, under the age of 18, may also be chosen. Filmmakers whose films are selected will receive an honorarium of $500. Short (5-30 minutes), documentary films by filmmakers from Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia will be considered. Films must have been completed within the last two years. All topics are eligible. Filmmakers will be invited to attend the film festival screening and speak about their work.
DVD entries must be submitted by Monday, Jan. 12, 2015. This is not a postmark deadline. Notification of the selection panel’s decision will be sent in January.
The selection panel will choose up to five documentaries to screen at the Bethesda Film Fest.
- Entries may be submitted on DVD and include a completed application form.
- Entries may also be submitted online.
- DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Jan. 12, 2015.
- Films must be between 5 and 30 minutes in length.
- Make sure the film can be easily identified on the DVD menu.
- Films with non-English dialogue must be submitted with English subtitles.
The Bethesda Film Fest will not be held responsible if copyrighted materials or unauthorized materials are included in the film. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure proper permission from the copyright holder of music, stock footage, or any other material which could violate another entity’s copyright or exclusive use of the material.