The Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts (BOPA) seeks mural artists and artist teams to submit qualifications for consideration and inclusion in the Baltimore Mural Program’s Mural Artist Registry. The Mural Artist Registry will be used to aid the selection of qualified artists for Baltimore Mural Program commissions and to distribute notifications regarding upcoming mural artist opportunities. This registry will also be made publicly available for groups seeking artists for hire.
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE MURAL PROGRAM
Created in 1975, the Baltimore Mural Program aims to make Baltimore neighborhoods more attractive, instill a sense of pride, provide employment for artists in their own field, combat graffiti in neighborhoods, and engage people in the beautification of their communities. Since then, the Baltimore Mural Program has produced more than 250 murals across the city, creating an outdoor public museum for the enjoyment of the people of Baltimore.
1) Artists 18 years of age or older are eligible to apply.
2) Artists must demonstrate their ability to design and successfully execute large-scale, exterior, wall-based work.
3) BOPA employees and their family members are eligible to apply for inclusion in the registry, but are not eligible for Baltimore Mural Program commissions.
1) Artistic Quality
2) Technical Ability
3) Community Engagement Approach & Experience
Applications are available online at: https://boparegistrations.wufoo.com/forms/baltimore-mural-program-mural-artist-registry-rfq/
FEBRUARY 13, 2015
March 5, 2015
The application will require the following:
1) Artist Statements: Brief descriptions of your work as an artist, your interest and qualifications for the Baltimore Mural Program, as well as your experience and approach to working with communities.
2) Resume: A current resume / CV. Artist teams or collaborative groups may submit a combined resume.
3) References: Name, address, email, and phone number for three (3) professional references.
4) Images: Five (5) images of past artworks. All image files should be in JPEG format, max 1240×1240 pixels, and should be titled: LastnameFirstname_IMAGE#.jpg (SmithJane_01.jpg). If the artist cannot submit an image of a mural, it is recommended that the artist produce one sample design for a hypothetical mural that reflects the artist’s style and imagery, in addition to images of existing work.
5) Image List: Attach a document detailing information regarding each work sample image including:
– Title of Work
– Location (if applicable)
– Three (3) sentence description.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Maggie Villegas, Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org