BROMO ARTS DISTRICT ELECTRICAL BOX REDESIGN
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 4, 2015
Bromo Tower Arts & Entertainment, Inc. (BTAE) and Maryland Art Place (MAP) are excited to announce a call to Maryland-based artists and designers for the creative redesign of 11 electrical boxes along Howard Street stretching from Lombard to Centre Street! Transforming these underutilized boxes will visually enhance the Bromo Arts District’s physical environment through engaging public art and will encourage visitors, employees, residents and more to explore the District’s many cultural offerings. Boxes are located along the light rail path and benefit from significant public transit, pedestrian and auto traffic!
Each selected artist/team will receive a $450 stipend to cover the cost of materials and labor. Installation is scheduled to take place between December 4-12, 2015. There will be an opening reception in December.
- Selections will be made by MAP’s Program Advisory Committee (more info at mdartplace.org).
- Artists will be notified if and when they have been selected.
- Artists must live in or have permanent office or studio space in Maryland
- Artists must be 18 or older
Application Deadline: November 4, 2015 by 5:00pm EST
Announce selected artists/artist teams: by November 16, 2015
Installation: December 4-12, 2015
Opening Reception: TBD (early to mid-December)
- Please send your completed application and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org 5:00pm EST on November 4, 2015.
- Bromo Arts District Map: Please see attached for map of box locations and surrounding cultural venues. In the application process, artists will be asked to note top 3 selections. Location preference will be honored in cases where artist has established relationships with nearby cultural venues.
About Bromo Tower Arts & Entertainment, Inc.
Bromo Tower Arts & Entertainment, Inc. unites, supports and advances artists and cultural organizations toward strengthening the Bromo Arts District’s position as a thriving and diverse cultural corridor in Downtown Baltimore.
About Maryland Art Place
Maryland Art Place (MAP) inspires, supports, and encourages artistic expression through innovative programming, exhibitions, and educational opportunities while recognizing the powerful impact art can have on our community. MAP creates a dynamic environment for artists of our time to engage the public by nurturing and promoting new ideas. MAP has served as a critical resource for contemporary art in the Mid-Atlantic since 1981.