Direct-funding to artists is essential always, and is particularly critical at this moment. In response to the current socio-political climate, Red Bull Arts is expanding the Detroit Microgrant Program nationally. This initiative directly supports our community of artists through providing unrestricted aid.
The adapted Microgrant program will award two $1000 grants each month to artists in the following 20 cities across the United States: Atlanta, Austin/San Antonio, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Hudson Valley (NY), Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Oakland, Philadelphia, Providence, St Louis, and the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul). These funds are meant to support artists in continuing their work however they see fit in this difficult moment.
Microgrant Program Award Details
- On a monthly basis, a lump-sum of $1000 given to two artist in each city
- Potential opportunity to share projects through Red Bull Arts social channels
Eligibility and Expectations
- Open to artists aged 18+
- Artists must be working or residing within select counties for each city (please review city specific details via the Apply Now link)
- Applicants must be able to receive taxable income in the United States regardless of their citizenship status
- Both individual artists and groups can apply. Groups that apply together will collectively receive one $1000 grant
- Applications are open on a rolling basis
- You may not apply if you have received a Microgrant in the last six months
- Please provide a CV or resume (if you are not able to do so or do not have a CV or resume you may submit without one); a portfolio of 1-4 examples of your work; an artist statement, and a brief letter of purpose which states why the Microgrant is important to you and how it will impact your work
LEARN MORE AND APPLY HERE.