Baltimore Homeownership Incentive Program (B-HiP)
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake invites you to get hip in Baltimore with B-HiP! These incentives are specifically tailored for Baltimore City homebuyers. From Vacants to Value Booster to Live Near Your Work to Buying Into Baltimore, there’s an incentive for everyone. What’s also nice about B-HiP is that eligible homebuyers can layer incentive programs. Now that’s something to get excited about!
Here are the highlights:
- Employees of City agencies and quasi-City agencies with six months of experience are eligible for $5,000 when purchasing their first home in Baltimore City. Houses up to $417,000 in cost are eligible and no income limits apply. Police officers, firefighters and teachers are also eligible for purchasing HUD homes at discounted prices through the Good Neighbors program.
- For more information about the Baltimore City Employee Homeownership Program, contact Marva Allette at 410-396-3124 orMarva.Allettte@baltimorecity.gov.
Live Baltimore offers a $5,000 Buying Into Baltimore incentive to use toward buying a home anywhere in Baltimore City. Every year, there are two citywide events with incentives for the first 30 buyers. With B-HiP, Live Baltimore will sponsor four neighborhood-focused events called City Living Starts Here with 10 incentives each.
For more information about these programs, other homeownership opportunities, Baltimore neighborhoods and city life, visit Live Baltimore. Live Baltimore offers instant analysis of incentive program eligibility.
- For first-time home buyers with total family income at or below 80% of area median income ($44,750 individual, $63,900 family of four), $5,000 in downpayment and closing cost assistance is available.
- For more information, contact Marva Allette at 410-396-3124 or Marva.Allette@baltimore.city.gov.
For more information, contact Daibeth Saunders at 410-396-3124 or Daibeth.Saunders@baltimorecity.gov. Live Baltimore has a dedicated staff member, Elizabeth Koontz, to aid in the enrollment and promotion of the Live Near Your Program. You may contact her atLKoontz@livebaltimore.com.
- The State of Maryland offers an array of homeownership incentives for home buyers using the Maryland Mortgage Program and its participating lenders. The Downpayment and Settlement Expense Loan Program (DSELP) is $5,000. House Keys 4 Employees is $2,500. Smart Keys 4 Employees is $1,000. These and other State incentives can be layered with City incentives.
- For more information, call 410-514-7530 or visit www.mmprogram.org.
Please note: The eligibility guidelines for this program have been modified recently. A house is eligible for this program only if it was subject to a Vacant Building Notice for a year or more prior to its rehabilitation for sale to a home buyer. You can find more information about this change here.
A list of approved homeownership counseling agencies can be found in the Baltimore Homeownership Incentive Programs packet. For more information and program details, call the Baltimore City Office of Homeownership at 410-396-3124.
Baltimore, MD 21202