Fisher Gallery OPEN CALL FOR EXHIBITIONS — 2016
The Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center at Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria Campus invites proposals for exhibitions in the Margaret W. and Joseph L. Fisher Art Gallery invites proposals from local area working artists.
Exhibition Timeframe : 6 – 8 exhibitions, beginning January 2016.
Proposals must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, November 6th, 2015.
Note: This is our first year accepting electronic submission. The online submission form is now available. Please review the requirements in detail and submit your proposal packet at the link below.
If you have any problems with the upload process, please contact the Gallery Director.
Submission Details and Requirements Below.
Eligibility: Artists must reside in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area: Northern Virginia/Maryland/District of Columbia. Works can be in both two- and three-dimensional formats. Exhibitions may be group or solo.
Entry Procedure: Submit a proposal to be considered for a solo or group exhibition by submitting a complete artist’s packet consisting of the following:
• 10 images representative of the work to be included in the exhibition. Work submitted must have been completed within the past 3 years. Images must be submitted in digital format.
Images submitted should be in jpeg format, 72dpi and not larger than 500kb. Files must be labeled with the artist’s name and corresponding image list number (e.g. JDoe001.jpg).
• A corresponding image list, including title (for group exhibitions, include the artist’s name with each work), date, dimensions and medium.
• A brief (1 page) description of work and exhibition theme to be considered
• For Individual Artists: Attach your artist’s statement for the proposed exhibition.
• For Group Exhibitions: Identify your curator; describe his/her curatorial experience; and provide a brief description of the proposed exhibition. If applicable, identify the artists invited to participate.
• Provide an Artist Resume.
- Selected artists/organizations are responsible for all details of the exhibit, including shipping/delivery/pick-up and preparation of works, as well as any unusual installation requirements and opening reception.
- Northern Virginia Community College will insure works while on the premises. Artists must indicate insurance values for all works exhibited.
- The Fisher Art Gallery reserves the right of review of any works to be exhibited.
- An Artist’s Agreement with guidelines for the development of a successful exhibit at the Fisher Art Gallery will be provided to selected exhibitors. Work may be offered for sale at the discretion of the artist.
- The artist assumes responsibility for all sales.
- All sold works must remain on exhibit until the end of the show.
Artists will be notified through email by November 15, 2015.
For further information: contact Mary Welch Higgins, Gallery Director at 703-973-3854 or email: mhiggins @nvcc.edu