The Creative Alliance Residency Program provides a highly visible, intense and creative environment for the production of artwork in all media. The program accommodates 8 resident artists, one in each of the studios, for terms of one to three years. It is intended for emerging artists as well as mid-career artists whose goal is to reinvigorate their work in an intensive, multi-disciplinary atmosphere. Artists are encouraged (but not required) to use the studios as their primary residence. With the support of the Creative Alliance, Resident artists will be at the center of the Baltimore art scene, with a wealth of community contacts and professional resources at their fingertips. Specific benefits include:
- Built-in community of professional colleagues
- Relationships with established artists and curators through ongoing studio visits & talks
- Visibility through open studios public programs.
- Extensive connections and exposure to diverse audiences, professional opportunities, other artists and community organizations.
- Opportunity to present a major project through the Creative Alliance in a 2-person gallery exhibition, performance, screening, community art program or other appropriate project.
- Potential use of Amalie Rothschild Gallery on second floor for short-term projects.
- Marketing support from Creative Alliance staff.
How to Apply:
Submit the following materials by the deadline listed below:
- Documentation: Up to 20 images, 10 minutes of audio/video, or 10 pages of written material.
- Written description of documentation, list of works including title, date, media and size/length, or abstracts of written material.
- Resume, including contact information (3 pages max length)
- Artist Statement (1 page max length)
- Letter of intent, indicating your reasons for applying to the Patterson Residency Program, what you hope to accomplish during your Residency, and an indication of what kind of special project you would propose with the Creative Alliance.
- Three professional references, their relation to you, their phone number and email address.
Timeline for Deadlines:
Fri, Mar 28 Postmark deadline for receipt of all materials
Fri, Apr 18 Initial decisions made; artists notified
Fri, May 23 New Resident Artists confirmed
Tue, July 1 New leases begin / Move-in
Contact: Jeremy Stern, Exhibitions & Programs Manager
Jeremy@creativealliance.org, 410.276.1651 x 216