Grants are offered in four broad discipline categories—Performing Arts, Media Arts, Visual Arts, Literary Arts—and applications in each discipline category are accepted once per year. Artists may apply for grants of up to $10,000 to support the creation of new artwork over a 12-month period. The current grant cycle focuses on Performing Arts and Media Arts.
- A resident of Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, or Howard County both at the time of application and when the grant is awarded;
- A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident;
- At least 21 years old;
- An active practicing artist who has pursued their profession in their chosen discipline for more than three years.
A complete grant application consists of:
- Proposal narrative (one page)
- Project Timeline
- Project Budget
- Artist resume / bio / CV
- Work sample inventory list
- A selection of artwork samples (up to 10)
Download the –>2016 Grant Guidelines<– for complete details on how to prepare your application.
Applications are accepted online. –>Go here to acces the application link<–. If you are currently a GBCA member, contact email@example.com for instructions on applying without paying the application fee.
2016 INFORMATION SESSIONS
Attend an information session to learn more about the grant program, tip and strategies for preparing a strong grant application, and have your questions answered by the grants manager in-person. Grant sessions are listed below and are free to attend. –>Please RSVP here<–.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 (Harford County)
- Harford County: Bel Air Branch Library
- 100 East Pennsylvania Ave, Bel Air 21014
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- Centre St. Performance Studio
- 10 E. Centre St., Baltimore 21218
Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts (Room 308)
- 801 Chase Street, Annapolis 21401
- This session is co-sponsored by the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County and will also feature presentations of support opportunities from the Maryland State Arts Council and the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County.
Thursday, February 2, 2016
- Motor House
- 120 W. North Ave, Baltimore 21201
Click below for sample templates of a project budget, timeline, and inventory list. These templates are intended as guides to assist when preparing the information to include in your appliction materials.
Add your name and email address to the Rubys e-news list to recieve updates on announcememts, deadlines, and upcoming information sessions and workshops.
Please contact Sonja Cendak, Grants Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org