School 33 Art Center invites artists to submit artwork for consideration for our annual fundraiser exhibition, LOTTA ART. This annual lottery-style event returns to our own Light Street building this year, on Saturday, November 7th, 2015! The event raises funds for the support and growth of School 33, the renowned Baltimore institution that has championed the arts for over 35 years through exhibitions, studio space, and arts education.
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2ND, 2015
Because of the change of venue back to School 33 Art Center and space restrictions, we are limiting participation to 100 artists, so complete your applications as soon as possible!
Applications will be reviewed by our Cultural Affairs team. Artists will be notified the results of that review, and accepted artwork will need to be delivered to School 33 Art Center between Wednesday, October 7th and Saturday, October 24th, 2015. Artwork will be accepted during gallery hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11am – 4pm. Please contact Flannery Winchester at FWinchester@promotionandarts.org or 443-263-4350 if you need to make other arrangements.
All accepted artwork will be available for preview on School 33’s website, www.school33.org, on Monday, October 26th. The artwork will also be on view at School 33 Art Center beginning on Friday, November 6th.
To show our appreciation for your generous contribution of artwork:
A selection committee will nominate one artist as “Best in Show”. This artist will be awarded a solo exhibition at School 33 Art Center during the 2016 exhibition season.
Additionally, ALL selected artists for LOTTA ART will receive:
• One year-long membership to School 33 Art Center
• Discounts on exhibition applications and art classes
• The opportunity to apply for Members’ Gallery solo exhibitions
• One free guest ticket to the Lotta Art event, worth $55 (includes admission to the main event, not eligible to select a piece of art).
APPLICATION GUIDELINES (please read carefully):
1. Submitted artwork should be no larger than approximately 42”x42”. School 33 suggests that the value of artwork should be between $200-700.
2. Each artist is required to submit one image of the piece to be donated through our online application. Images must be high quality and high resolution, and should be at least 550 x 550 pixels at 300 dpi.
3. Submissions must represent exact artwork available to donate for the Lotta Art Fundraiser.
4. All work must be securely framed, wired and/or ready to hang or present.
5. Artists must make all necessary arrangements for the delivery of their artwork.
Your donation may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for your individual circumstances.
6. All selected artworks should be dropped off at School 33 Art Center NO LATER THAN 4:00pm on Saturday, October 24th, 2015.
7. The “Best in Show” prize for a solo exhibition at School 33 Art Center will be announced during the LOTTA ART event on November 7th, 2015.
If you have donated to LOTTA ART in the past, we ask that you continue your support by doing so once again. If you are donating for the first time, please know that your donation will support our mission and our exhibition space—a space that also supports you. For more information about LOTTA ART please visit www.school33.org or contact Flannery Winchester at email@example.com or at 443-263-4350.
School 33 Art Center is dedicated to providing opportunities for artists through exhibitions, art classes, workshops, a Studio Artist Program, and special events. School 33 Art Center is a program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Inc., and is supported in part by grants from the Mayor and the City Council of Baltimore, the Maryland State Arts Council, and through private contributions to School 33 Art Center.