Call For Visual Artists: Autumn & Winter 2015, Apply Now!
Application period open for creative residencies in a coastal urban context
LINEA DE COSTA:
The Linea de Costa Artist in Residence Program is a initiative organised by Linea de Costa, a private non-profit organisation based in the coastal city of Cádiz (Spain). The artist in residence program aims to stimulate creativity through interaction with the local environment, artists and cultural institutions, and seeks to foster cross-cultural relations between participants and the local artistic community in Cádiz.
The Linea de Costa AIR Studios are housed in ECCO Cádiz (Espacio de Creación Contemporánea), located in the city’s 18th century artillery barracks.
The shared studios are equipped with the following:
– Wireless Internet Connection.
– Separate working area for each artist with a large worktable, stools, power sockets and shelving.
– Reference material (with study area).
– Common area for breaks (microwave oven, kettle, fridge).
– Large roof terrace (165 m2) with sea views.
– Materials and equipment: projector, screen, scanner, MIDI keyboard, DVD players, stationery equipment (craft knives, self-healing cutting mat, staplers, rulers, felt tip pens etc.), jigsaw, drill, Dremmel multi-tool, tool set (hammers, screwdrivers, hacksaws etc.), extension cables, electric stapler, two portable halogen lamps (500 watts), airbrush compressor, potter’s wheel, option of firing small ceramic pieces (the kiln is located off site), plastic buckets and utensils, glue gun, two easels, whiteboard…
Artists will be accommodated in private rooms in our fully equipped, attractive and comfortable shared apartment, conveniently located in the town, very close to the studios and the city’s cultural and commercial centre.
WHO CAN APPLY:
– Artists from any discipline and nationality. Applications are not open to artists born or resident in Cadiz and its province.
HOW TO APPLY:
– Full name / date of birth / gender
– Passport photo
– Language(s) spoken
– Cell Phone number
– Sample of Previous work (PDF, website, link to Dropbox or similar)
– Your CV (max one A4) and Artists Statement explaining the general motivation of your artistic research (max one A4)
– Brief Motivation Letter with the theme: “Why am I going to Cadiz to work in a diverse, multidisciplinary context”? (max one A4)
– Project description: the artist must submit a specific project for this residency – successful applications will ideally include a workshop or other activity involving the local community (max one A4)
– Preferred time of residency (chosen month-s) & duration (from 1 month to 3 months)
Residents will be selected by the Linea de Costa Team based on the quality of their work, commitment to their practice, and ability to interact positively with the community at large. If your application is selected, Linea de Costa will send you an email within 10 days.
ONGOING SUPPORT & ADVICE + LODGING + WORKING SPACE + EVENT
600€ ARTIST / MONTH
Note: Once your application has been approved, your place will be secured on receipt of full payment of your residency dues.
Please send your application to: email@example.com